Barun Sobti (Actor) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Girlfriend and More
Barun Sobti is an Indian television and film actor. He got immense popularity for playing role of Arnav Singh Raizada in Star Plus’ television serial Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? He also worked in popular TV series like Dill Mill Gayye and Baat Hamari Pakki Hai. Besides television, he has also been active in web series and films since a long time.
Birth & Family
Barun Sobti was born on 21 August 1984 in Delhi. He belongs to a Punjabi Sikh family. His father Raj Sobti is a businessman. Apart from him, he has mother and an elder sister Richa Arora in the family. Sobti did his schooling in Delhi’s St. Mark’s School. He never imagined that he would work in the television industry one day. He was inspired to audition for a TV show by actor Karan Wahi in which he got selected. After which he never looked back.
|Date of Birth
|21 August 1984
|Age (as in 2022)
|Mother : Name Not Known (Housewife)
Father : Raj Sobti
Sister: Richa Arora (elder)
Brother: Not Available
Wife : Pashmeen Manchanda (m. 2010-Present)
Daughter : Sifat (Born-28 June 2019)
Barun started his career with the Star Plus channel show Shraddha in the year 2009. In the debut show, he played an important character of Swayam Khurana. After this show he was seen in TV shows like Dill Mill Gayye, Baat Hamari Pakki Hai. His negative role in Dill Mill Gayye was very much liked. Sobti starred as Arnav Singh Raizada opposite to Sanaya Irani on the TV show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? in the year 2011. It was the most successful TV show of his career.
Apart from television, Sobti also worked in film and web series. He made his film debut with Main Aur Mr. Riight in 2014 . Apart from this, he has also appeared in projects like 22 Yards, Jaanbaaz Hindustan Ke and Satra Ko Shaadi Hai.
Education Details and More
|St. Mark’s School, New Delhi
|Diploma in Acting
|Television : Shraddha (2009)
Film : Main Aur Mr. Riight (2014)
Web Series : Tanhaiyan (2017)
|People’s Choice Awards India (2012)
Indian Television Academy Awards (2012)
Indian Telly Awards (2012)
Physical Stats and More
|5′ 10″ Feet
|Chest: 40 inches
Waist: 32 inches
Biceps: 12 inches
|Playing Football, Bike Riding and Writing Poems
Barun Sobti married his childhood friend Pashmeen Manchanda on 12 December 2010. They both knew each other from school time. This couple also blessed with a daughter Sifat on 28 June 2019.
Marital Status and More
|12 December 2010
|Sobti decided to leave the show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon for unknown reason. The show makers was thought to replace him but people threatened that they would not watch the show without Barun. After this, the last episode shoot with Barun’s Quit.
|INR 70-90k per episodic
|INR 50-70 Crore
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Barun Sobti
- Barun Sobti was born and brought up in Delhi.
- After schooling, he worked as Operational Manager of Jindal Telecom, New Delhi for 7 years.
- TV actor Karan Wahi inspired him to work in television shows. Sobti and Wahi have know each other since Delhi.
- Barun has also worked in a short film Dry Dreams.
- He made his digital debut with Hotstar’s web series Tanhaiyan. This series was released on 2017.
- He signed Star Plus show “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?” only for a year contract, but it extended for some time because of getting wonderful reception.
- He is an animal lover and also has a pet dog.
- He was ranked third in the list of Sexiest Asian Man by Eastern Eye UK Magazine.
- He is fond of bike riding.
- He bought three cars for his father, wife and himself. All three cars are Honda City.
If you have more details about Barun Sobti. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.