Madhyama Segal (Actress) Age, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Boyfriend and More
Madhyama Segal is a multi-talented Indian actress and classical dancer. In 2023, she gained recognition for her role in the Netflix crime drama TV series ‘Class,’ an adaptation of the Spanish drama series ‘Elite.’ However, her journey in the world of entertainment goes beyond acting, as she carries the legacy of her great-grandmother, the legendary dancer and actress Zohra Sehgal.
Birth & Family
Madhyama Segal was born on 28 October 1994, into a family deeply rooted in the world of arts, in New Delhi. Her mother, Sujata Segal, is an Indian actress known for her work in various TV shows and films. Sujata gave birth to Madhyama when she was just 21 years old, and although her parents later divorced, Madhyama’s life was always surrounded by the arts. Sujata Segal has a noteworthy filmography, including ‘Yuva’ (2004), ‘Black Friday’ (2004), ‘Nazar’ (2005), ‘Heroine’ (2012), and ‘Namaste Wahala’ (2020).
Madhyama’s maternal great-grandmother was none other than the illustrious Zohra Sehgal, a veteran Indian actress who left an indelible mark on Indian and English-language cinema. Zohra Sehgal was awarded the Padma Shri in 1998 and featured in iconic films like ‘Dharti Ke Lal’ (1946), ‘Heer’ (1956), ‘The Long Duel’ (1967), ‘The Vengeance of She’ (1968), ‘Dil Se..’ (1998), and ‘Veer-Zaara’ (2004). She passed away due to old age on 10 July 2014.
|Real Name||Madhyama Segal|
|Profession||Actress and Dancer|
|Date of Birth||28 October 1994|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Family||Great-grandmother: Late Zohra Sehgal (actress and dancer)|
Grandmother: Kiran Segal (dancer)
Mother: Sujata Segal (Actress)
Father: Name Not Known
Siblings: Not Available
Husband: Not Available
|Debut||Web Series: Class (2023)|
Madhyama pursued her academic interests in college, majoring in History. In the field of dance, she received training in the Odissi dance form from her maternal grandmother, Kiran Segal, a noted Odissi dancer herself.
Madhyama has actively participated in theatrical productions and showcased her talents on various stages. In 2023, her role as Saba Manzoor in Netflix’s Hindi TV series ‘Class’ garnered attention and acclaim. Additionally, in 2020, she appeared in the music video for the song ‘Paayal’ by rapper VOID.
She regularly teaches dance at various studios and workshops. As a member of Allstars Studio, she even organized a dance workshop there in 2019.
Physical Stats and More
|Height||In Feet: 5 Feet 5 Inches|
In Meter: 1.65 m
|Weight||In Pound: 121 lbs|
In Kilogram: 55 Kg
|Hobbies||Dance, Reading, Travel and Listening to Music|
Some Facts About Madhyama Segal
- As a child, Madhyama Segal played the role of a monkey (Vanar Sena) in Ramleela.
- Madhyama is a trained Odissi dancer and has graced the stage with her graceful performances.
- In 2021, she initiated contemporary dance classes for beginners on weekends, expanding her contribution to the world of dance education.
- Madhyama follows a non-vegetarian diet and has been spotted consuming alcohol in public.
- Madhyama Segal’s talent has taken her to prestigious events like the Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Rabindra Pranati Festival, the Khajuraho Dance Festival, and the Konark Dance Festival.
- She has also graced international stages, performing in China and Singapore and participating in ICCR’s tribute to Africa.
If you have more details about Madhyama Segal. Please comment below we will update it within an hour.