Manika Batra (Tennis Player) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Manika Batra is an Indian Table Tennis Player. She represented India at the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games in 2018. In 2020, She received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award by President Ram Nath Kovind.
Birth & Early Life
Manika Batra was born on 15 June 1995 in Delhi to a Hindu family. Her father’s name is Girish Batra and her mother’s name is Sushma Batra. She has an elder brother named Sahil Batra and a sister Anchal Batra in the family. Batra completed her schooling at Hans Raj Model School, New Delhi. She attended Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi but dropped out of college when she was in her first year to pursue her career in Table Tennis.
|Table Tennis Player
|Date of Birth
|15 June 1995
|Mother: Sushma Batra
Father: Girish Batra
Sister: Anchal Batra (Elder)
Brother: Sahil Batra (Elder)
Husband : Not Available
Batra started playing table tennis when she was just 5 years old. Later, she won a match at the state level completion in the under-8 category and decided to take proper training. Batra started her training under the guidance of Sandeep Gupta.
In 2010, she won a Gold medal at the South Asian Junior Table Tennis Championship. In 2011, she won Silver at the Singles event in the Chile Open Tournament. The following year, she won a Silver Medal at the Spanish Open Singles event. At the age of 19, she became the first Indian Table Tennis female player to qualify for the Quarter finals in Commonwealth Games.
Batra represented India multiple times including 2020 Olympic Games, 2014 Commonwealth Games as well as Asian Games 2016. In 2016, she won 3 Gold Medals and 1 Silver Medal in the South Asian Games. Her most impressive win came in 2018 Commonwealth Games when she defeated Singapore’s Yu Mengyu in the final winning the Women’s Single Gold medal.
Education Details and More
|Hans Raj Model School, New Delhi
|Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi
|Arjuna Award (2018)
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2020)
Physical Stats and More
|5′ 9″ Feet
|Nail Art and Dancing
Marital Status and More
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Manika Batra
- Manika Batra was born and brought up in Delhi, India.
- She started getting training in table tennis from her siblings as they used to play table tennis.
- In 2020, she won the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- She represented India when she was only 13 years old
- At the age of 16, she applied for a scholarship to receive training from Peter Karlsson Academy in Sweden, Europe.
- During her teenage days, she got lots of modelling offers but she rejected to make her career in table tennis.
- In 2018, the Government of India conferred her with the Arjuna Award.
- She also received the ITTF’s Breakthrough Star Award, making her the only Indian table tennis player to receive the prestigious award.
- She became the first Indian woman table tennis player to win an individual gold medal at the Commonwealth Games with her victory
- Her mother played an important role, as she supported her greatly in choosing table tennis before academics.
- She was also featured on the cover page of the July 2018 edition of Femina Magazine.
- In May 2019, she appeared with Yogeshwar Dutt and Sakshi Malik in the TV show Kapil Sharma Show.
If you have more details about Manika Batra. Please comment below we will update within an hour.