Praveen Kumar Sobti (Actor) Wiki, Age, Date of Birth, Death Cause, Biography, Girlfriend and More
Praveen Kumar Sobti was an Indian film and television actor. He is known for playing the character of Bhima in the Mahabharata serial. He worked in more than 50 television serials and films in his career. He died on 8 February 2022 at the age of 74.
Praveen Kumar Sobti was born on 6 December 1947 in Punjab. He has been the number one player in hammer and disc throw. It was because of sports that Kumar got the job of Deputy Commandant in the Border Security Force (BSF).
In the year 1981, he stepped into the acting with the film Raksha, in which he appeared alongside Jeetendra and Parveen Babi. After this film, he worked as a supporting actor in many Bollywood movies including Karishma Kudrat Ka, Yudh, Jabardast, Sinhasan, Khudgarj, Loha, Mohabbat Ke Dushman, and others. However, Kumar gained fame in his career from the television serial Mahabharata directed by BR Chopra and later started being recognized as Bhima in every Indian household.
|Real Name||Praveen Kumar Sobti|
|Profession||Actor and Athlete|
|Date of Birth||6 December 1947|
|Death||8 February 2022|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack|
|Birth Place||Sarhali Kalan, Punjab|
|Home Town||Sarhali Kalan, Punjab|
|Death Place||New Delhi, India|
|Family||Mother : Name Not Known|
Father : Name Not Known
Siblings : 4 brother and sisters
Wife : Not Available
Children : 1 Son and 1 Daughter (Nipunika Sobti)
Education Details and More
|Debut||Television : Mahabharat (1988)|
Film : Raksha (1981)
|Awards||Arjuna Award 1967|
Kumar was married and lived with his family in New Delhi. His son is a pilot and served in Indian Airlines. His daughter Nipunika Sobti was once engaged to Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar.
Physical Stats and More
|Height||6′ 0″ Feet|
|Body Shape||Chest: 40 inches|
Waist: 32 inches
Biceps: 12 inches
|Hair Colour||Black and White|
|Hobbies||Listening Old Songs|
Some Facts About Praveen Kumar Sobti
- Praveen Kumar Sobti was born and brought up in Sarhali Kalan, Punjab.
- Apart from the Mahabharata serial, he has also impressed the fans with his strong acting in many Bollywood films. But by playing the role of Bhima in the Mahabharata serial, he became a household name. He was very much liked in the character of Bhima.
- Before joining acting, Praveen was also very active in sports. He was a hammer and discus throw athlete. Praveen had won many medals in Asian and Commonwealth Games.
- Kumar won the gold medal in the Asian Games held in Hong Kong. He also represented the country twice in the Olympics.
- Sobti played the character of Mukhtar Singh in Amitabh Bachchan starrer film Shahenshah.
- Kumar’s last days were difficult. He was facing financial crisis in the last days.
- After doing Mahabharata, he did about 50 films and TV shows. His last film came in 2013, which was named Barbarik.
- He joined politics after leaving acting in 2013 and contested the Delhi assembly elections from the Wazirpur constituency from the side of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) but lost.
If you have more details about Praveen Kumar Sobti. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.