Padma Lakshmi (Actress) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Padma Parvati Lakshmi Vaidyanathan (professionally known as Padma Lakshmi) is a Native American author, activist, model, and animator. She is a renowned producer and actress with Star Trek: Enterprise, Glitter and Sharpe. She has performed in films and TV shows and has hosted several cooking programs.
Birth & Family
Padma Lakshmi was born on 1 September 1970 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Her mother Vijaya is a retired oncology nurse. Her parents divorced when she was 2 years old. She was raised in Manhattan, New York when she was 4 years old. Afterward, she settled in La Puente, California, with her mother and stepfather.
Lakshmi is a 1988 graduate of William Workman High School in City of Industry, California. Following her studies, she attended Clar University in Worcester, Massachusetts. Lakshmi started her modeling career when, was a student in exchange in Madrid, Spain. She received her Diploma in Performing Arts and American Literature in 1992.
|Real Name||Padma Parvati Lakshmi Vaidyanathan|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Author, Host and Executive producer|
|Date of Birth||1 September 1970|
|Age (as in 2021)||51 years|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Home Town||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Family||Mother : Vijaya Lakshmi (oncologist)|
Father : Vaidyanathan (an executive with the pharmaceutical company prizer)
Sister : 1 half-sister (from her father’s side)
Brother : 1 half-brother (from father’s side)
Husband : Salman Rushdie (m. 2004-2007)
Daughter : Krishna Thea Lakshmi – Dell (with Adam Dell)
While attending school in Madrid, she got spotted by a model agent in a cafe. He offered her a job as a model, she accepted the offer and started modeling at age of 21. During the initial phase of her career, she worked for well-known designers, including Gianni, Versace, Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, Alberta Ferretti, and Emmanuel Ungaro. She also featured in advertising campaigns of verses and Roberto Cavalli.
In 1999, Lakshmi got approached for a series in Caraibi (or Pirates: Blood Brothers). She had taken nearly 30 pounds (14 kilograms) to fulfill the requirements of her role. She has published four books (in which three are cookbooks): ‘Tangy Tart Hot and Sweet’, ‘The Encyclopedia of Spices & Herbs: An Essential Guide to the Flavors of the World’, ‘Easy Exotic and a Memoir Love, Loss’ and ‘What We Ate’.
Education Details and More
|School||William Workman High School, California|
|College||Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. (Hons) in Theatre Arts|
|Debut||Documentary : Unzipped (1995)|
Television : Domenica in 1997 (as a host)
Film: Glitter (2001)
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 9″ Feet|
|Hobbies||Cooking and Yoga|
Padma Lakshmi had married Salman Rushdie in 2004. In 2001, her former husband Salman Rushdie dedicated a novel to her Fury. The couple filed divorce in July 2007. Padma has a daughter Krishna with partner Adam Dell.
Marital Status and More
|Boyfriends||Salman Rushdie (Writer; 2004-2007)|
Theodore J. Forstmann (2009-2011)
|Controversies||• In 2011, Padma Lakshmi’s former boyfriend, Adam Dell, filed a lawsuit against her in the Supreme Court in Manhattan.|
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Padma Lakshmi
- Padma Lakshmi was born in a Indian Tamil Brahmin family.
- She hosted Padma’s Passport on the Food Network based on her well-known recipe book, ‘Easy Exotic: A Model’s Low-fat Recipes From Around The World’.
- She was the first woman from India to be invited and co-host the television show View (1997) in 2007.
- It was rated 87 on the Maxim Hot 100 magazine of 2007 list.
- She is fluent in 5 languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Italian and Spanish.
- Since season 2 (2006), she has hosted the award-winning Emmy Top Chef on Bravo cookery contest.
- In 2009, she got nominated by Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Reality Host.
- In 2018, she revealed that she was sexual assault at the age of 16 by her boyfriend.
- When she was at school, most people misspelled her name by Padma, Panda, and others. So, she switched her name to Angelique when she went to high school as she also wanted an exotic name.
- In 2009, she launched her first jewellery line, named the Padma. Later, she started her crockery collections.
- She also has an assortment of specialty teas, spices, and organic frozen rice.
If you have more details about Padma Lakshmi. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.