Tannishtha Chatterjee (Actress) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Tannishtha Chatterjee is an Indian actress and director. She is best known for playing role of Nazneen Ahmed in British drama film Brick Lane. Tannishtha has also worked in several films including Shadows of Time, Stings- Bound By Faith, White Elephant, Bombay Summer, Jalpari: The Desert Mermaid, Dekh Indian Circus, Bhopal: Prayer for Rain, and Unpaused. She also won National Film Award for her performance in Dekh Indian Circus in the year 2012.
Birth & Early Life
Tannishtha Chatterjee was born on 23 November 1980 in Pune, Maharashtra to a Bengali Hindu familly. Her father was a business executive and her mother was a political science professor. She did her schooling at Bluebells School International and done masters in chemistry from Delhi University. She is alumnus of National School of Drama.
|Actress and Director
|Date of Birth
|23 November 1980
|Age (as in 2021)
|Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Mother : Name Not Known
Father : Name Not Known
Sister : Name Not Known
Brother : Not Available
Husband : Not Available
Daughter : Name Not Known
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Tannishtha began her acting career with the film Swaraj in the year 2003. Later she got featured in the movie Bas Yun Hi as Sona in 2004. In the same year, she starred in the Partho Sen-Gupta directed critically acclaimed movie Hava Aney Dey as Mona alongside Aniket Vishwasrao, Nishikant Kamat, and Rajshree Thakur. She got instant fame through the film and got opportunity to play Masha in film Shadows of Time, which led her to to international film festivals, including the Toronto International Film Festival and the Berlin International Film Festival.
In 2007, Tannishtha played the lead role of Nazneen Ahmed in 2007 film Brick Lane, which nominated her to British Independent Film Awards in the Best Actress category along with actresses Judi Dench and Anne Hathaway. She was subsequently part of various films like White Elephant, Bombay Summer, Dekh Indian Circus, Gulaab Gang, Parched, Doctor Rakhmabai etc.
Education Details and More
|Bluebells School International
|Delhi University and National School of Drama
|Major in Chemistry
|Film : Swaraj (2003)
Television : Parchhayee (2019)
|British Independent Film Awards (2007)
National Film Award (2012)
Maharashtra State Film Awards (2017)
Stardust Award (2010)
and many more
Physical Stats and More
|5′ 5″ Feet
|Dance, Listening to Music and Painting
Marital Status and More
|In 2016, Tannishtha got hit by ‘dark skin’ slur on a comedy show. The actress walked out of the show after she was trolled for her dark skin. Later channel calls it unfortunate
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Tannishtha Chatterjee was born and brought up in Pune, Maharashtra.
- In 2006, she won the Best Actress award at Osian Film Festival for Bibar.
- In 2019, she also debuted as a director with film Roam Rome Mein, which was premiered at t Busan International Film Festival where she won the Asia Star Award.
- Tannishtha made her digital debut with the ZEE5 web series titled Parchhayee as Lavani in the year 2019.
- She won the Most Promising Actress Award at Bengal Film Journalists’ Association for Bibar in 2007.
- In 2009, she won the Best Actress award at Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council for Bombay Summer.
- In 2012, she won the Best Actress award at NYIFF Indo- American Arts Council and National Film Award at National Film Award (Special Mention) for Dekh Indian Circus.
- Tannishtha is not married. She adopted a three-year-old girl in 2019 and said,
“I have been thinking about adopting since the time I was 16. I was clear from a very young age that I wanted to adopt. When you say these things as a teenager, people tend to dismiss it”
If you have more details about Tannishtha Chatterjee. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.