Draupadi Murmu (President of India) Age, Biography, Wiki, Husband Name, Family, Daughter, Political Career and More
Draupadi Murmu is an Indian politician serving as the 15th president of India since 25 July 2022. She contested against Yashwant Sinha, the joint opposition’s nominee for the top constitutional job. Draupadi has become the first tribal and the second woman to hold the highest office after winning the Presidential elections 2022. She was the first female Governor of Jharkhand. Additionally. She was the first female tribal leader from Odisha to be appointed as a Governor of the Indian State.
Birth & Early Life
Draupadi Murmu was born on 20 June 1958, in the Uparbeda village of Odisha. She was the daughter of Biranchi Narayan Tudu, and raised into a Santali tribal family. She has two brothers, Bhagat Tudu and Sarani Tudu. Under the Panchayati Raj framework, her father and grandfather both had served as village chiefs.
Draupadi attended K.B.HS Uparpeda School in Mayurbanj for her education. She has completed her degree of BA from Rama Devi Women’s University in Bhubaneswar.
|Smt. Draupadi Murmu
|15th president of President of India
|Date of Birth
|20 June 1958
|Uparbeda, Mayurbhanj, Odisha
|Uparbeda, Mayurbhanj, Odisha
|Mother : Name Not Known
Father : Biranchi Narayan Tudu
Sister : Not Available
Brother : Bhagat & Sarani Tudu
Husband : Shyam Charan Murmu
Daughter : Itishree Murmu
|Baldaposi, Mayurbhanj, Odisha
Initially, Murmu worked as a teacher in the public schools as a junior assistant in the irrigation division of the Government of Odisha and assistant professor at the Shri Aurobindo Integral Education & Research Institute. In 1997, she became a member of the Bhartiya Janata Party and was chosen to serve as a councilor.
She was also the Bharatiya Janata Party Scheduled Tribes Morcha’s National Vice President. She has served as the Minister of State with Independent Charge for Commerce and Transportation and Fisheries and Animal Resources Development under the Bharatiya Janata Party and Biju Janata Dal coalition administration in Odisha from 6 August 2002 to 16 May 2004.
Education Details and More
|K.B.HS Uparpeda School, Mayurban
|Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubneswar, Odisha
|Bachelor’s of Arts
|Nilkantha Award 2017 (for Best MLA by Odisha Legislative Assembly)
Physical Stats and More
|In Feet : 5′ 4″ ft
In Meter : 1.63 m
|In Pound : 163 lbs
In Kilogram : 74 Kg
|Bhartiya Janta Party
Draupadi Murmu had married to Shyam Charan Murmu, who passed away in 2014. She has a daughter named Itishree Murmu, who works in a private bank. She had two sons and both of them had died in 2014.
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Draupadi Murmu
- Draupadi Murmu was born and brought up in Odisha.
- Her childhood had been difficult because she was born into a tribal family that was struggling with poverty in one of the country’s most isolated and impoverished regions.
- Draupadi admitted in an interview that she battled depression following the passing of her sons.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) put her forward as a candidate for India’s presidency in the 2022 elections.
- She arranged for the construction of a bridge in her town of Baldaposi in 2003 so that locals could travel there conveniently.
- In 1983, she left her position with the government to take care of her kids. Murmu declared in 2016 that she would give her eyes after passing away to Ranchi’s Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital.
- Brahmakumari Nirmala tied a rakhi to Draupadi in honour of Raksha Bandhan. She claimed in an interview that after the deaths of her husband and son, she began practicing mindfulness by following her to combat despair.
- She used video conferencing in 2021 to assess the academic and administrative operations of numerous universities.
If you have more details about Draupadi Murmu. Please comment below we will update within an hour.