Munawar Faruqui (Comedian) Age, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Girlfriend and More
Munawar Faruqui is an Indian stand-up comedian and writer known for his controversial remarks on religion and politics, often landing him in trouble. He appeared as a contestant on ‘Bigg Boss 17’ in 2023.
|Real Name||Munawar Faruqui|
|Profession||Stand-up Comedy, Rapper|
|Date of Birth||28 January 1992|
|Birth Place||Junagadh, Gujarat|
|Home Town||Junagadh, Gujarat|
|Family||Mother: Name Not Known|
Father: Name Not Known
Sister: 1 Younger Sister
Brother: Not Available
Wife: Not Available
|Awards||Awards Pizza Burst by Mike Khloé at Comic Who 4.0 (2018) Synergy Fest (2018)|
Birth & Early Life
Munawar Faruqui was born on January 28, 1992, in Junagadh, Gujarat. His full name is Munawar Iqbal Faruqui. He comes from a Muslim family in Junagadh and has a sister named Shabana. Munawar has a background in graphic design and art direction.
As a Stand-up Comedian
Munawar is a Mumbai-based stand-up comedian known for his political content. He often criticizes the government, particularly the Narendra Modi Government. His comedic style is outspoken and engaging, as he delves into various political topics. His video on the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and the Delhi riots during the anti-CAA protests in 2020 is an example of his politically charged comedy.
In 2019, he toured India with his stand-up special titled “Dongri To Nowhere.” Besides comedy, Munawar is also a singer and rapper, and he released his debut rap song ‘Jawab’ during the COVID-19 lockdown. His videos on YouTube have collectively garnered over 23 million views, and he has a substantial online following with around 535k subscribers.
On 8 May 2022, Munawar Faruqui won the reality show ‘Lock Upp,’ hosted by Kangana Ranaut. The first runner-up was Payal Rohatgi, and the second runner-up was Anjali Arora. As part of his prize, Munawar received a cash prize of Rs. 20 lakhs and a brand-new car. During the show, he opened up about personal struggles, including his divorce, his mother’s suicide, and a childhood incident of sexual assault. Additionally, Munawar Faruqui appeared as a contestant in ‘Bigg Boss 17’ in 2023, which was televised on Colors TV.
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 7″ Feet|
|Body Shape||Chest: 40 inches|
Waist: 32 inches
Biceps: 12 inches
|Hobbies||Travel, Dance and Writing|
Munawar Faruqui has faced several controversies throughout his career.
- In April 2020, he came under fire for a YouTube video in which he made fun of Hindu deities and the 2002 Godhra massacre. A complaint was filed against him with the Mumbai police, and the hashtag #ArrestMunawarFaruqui trended on Twitter. Munawar later apologized for unintentionally hurting religious sentiments.
- In January 2020, Munawar and four other comedians were arrested during a show in Indore for allegedly making indecent remarks about Hindu deities and mocking Union Home Minister Amit Shah. The complaint was filed by Eklavya Singh Gaur, the chief of the Hindutva group Hind Rakshak Sangathan. Prominent comedians, including Varun Grover, Vir Das, and Rohan Joshi, came to Munawar’s support and criticized his arrest. Despite no incriminating evidence, his bail plea was denied multiple times.
- In November 2021, Munawar hinted at quitting stand-up comedy after his show was cancelled in Bengaluru due to concerns about potential law and order problems. Several right-wing groups opposed his show, citing concerns about his jokes on Hindu gods, the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2020, and the Godhra massacre.
- In December 2021, he was dropped from an upcoming comedy show in Gurugram after a complaint was filed against him by the BJP Haryana unit’s IT department head, Arun Yadav, who accused him of insulting Hindu deities.
Munawar got married at a young age. In April 2022, during an episode of the reality show ‘Lock Upp,’ hosted by Kangana Ranaut, he revealed that he was married and had a child with his wife. However, he also mentioned that he had not been living with his wife for 1.5 years.
- Faruqui’s house was reportedly burnt down during the 2002 Gujarat riots.
- He prefers non-vegetarian food and occasionally enjoys smoking hookah.