Prakash Belawadi (Actor) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Girlfriend and More
Prakash Belawadi is an Indian actor, activist and journalist. He predominantly works in Hindi & Kannada film industry. Belawadi has participated in numerous seminars, conferences and festivals in India and overseas. Since 2010, he has also been mentor of the BISFF (Bengaluru International Kurzfilm Festival) founding team. He has worked in several popular films like Kanooru Heggadithi, Meri Pyaari Bindu, Solo and Dayavittu Gamanisi, Aatagara, Talvar, Kiragoora Gayyaligalu.
Birth & Early Life
Prakash Belawadi was born in Bangalore, Mysore State (now Karnataka), into a family of theatre artist. His father Belavadi Nanjundaiah Narayan, was a Kannada theatre star who also appeared in films and worked as a make-up artist. While his mother Bhargavi is a well-known cinema and theatre actress.
Belawadi completed his initial education at Mahila Seva Samaja and secondary education at National High School. He later done pre-university course from National College, Bangalore. In 1983, he graduated from University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering with a degree in mechanical engineering.
|Real Name||Prakash Belawadi|
|Profession||Actor and Theatre Artist|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Age (as in 2021)||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Home Town||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Family||Mother : Bhargavi Belavadi |
Father : Belavadi Nanjundaiah Narayan
Sister : Not Available
Brother : Not Available
Wife : Chandrika Belawadi
Son : Pradeep Belawadi
Daughter : Sudha Belawadi and Sujata Belawadi
Belawadi always wanted to become an actor liker his parents. At early age, he started working in theatre and films. He featured as a child actor in Kannada film Bangaravayithu in the year 1976. Belawadi started his professional acting career with Kannada film Kanooru Heggadithi, directed by Girish Karnad in 1999.
He rose to fame by his appearance as Bala in Hindi film Madras Cafe directed by Shoojit Sircar and alongside starring John Abraham, Nargis Fakhri and Raashi Khanna. He subsequently worked in various films like Youngistaan, Talvar, Uttama Villain, Wazir etc. He came into Bollywood limelight after playing important character of George Kutty in Akshay Kumar starrer film Airlift. In 40 years long career, Belawadi has worked more than 200 films and theatre plays. Recently he has worked in web series like High and Smoke.
Education Details and More
|School||Mahila Seva Samaja|
National High School
|College||National College, Bangalore|
University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering
|Educational Qualification||Mechanical Engineering|
|Debut||Film : Bangaravayithu (1976)|
Web Series : Smoke (2018)
|Awards||Pratibha Bhushan 2003|
Karnataka Nataka Academy Award (2012)
‘Pride of Karnataka’ by Bangalore Round Table (2015)
and many more
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 8″ Feet|
|Body Shape||Chest: 40 inches|
Waist: 34 inches
Biceps: 14 inches
|Hair Colour||Black (Aged white hair)|
|Hobbies||Reading and Watching films|
Prakash Belawadi is married to Chandrika Belawadi. The couple have three children; two daughters Sudha and Sujata and one son Pradeep Belawadi.
Marital Status and More
|Marriage Date||Not Available|
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Some Facts About Prakash Belawadi
- Prakash Belawadi was born and brought up in Bangalore, Karnataka.
- For his numerous notable accomplishments, Belawadi was honoured with ‘Pride of Karnataka’ by the Bangalore Round Table in 2015.
- He enjoys spending time alone. He believes that sometimes doing nothing is all we need to do in order to know about ourselves since it allows us to see our own flaws and talents.
- In 2003, he received a National Award in the category of Best Film.
- He has also written and directed a English film ‘Stumble.’
- Belawadi is a founder member of Citizens for Bengaluru, a proactive forum for citizens to engage with the municipal government in order to hold it accountable to the citizens.
- Belawadi organized ‘Rotary Avani,’ an annual ecology event held in Bengaluru between April 22nd, International Mother Earth Day, and June 5th, World Environment Day, to raise environmental awareness.
- In 2003, the Government of Karnataka awarded him the ‘Pratibha Bhushan’ for his commitment to culture.
- He received the Helpmann Award, Australia (2019) for Best Actor, Male in the musical ‘Counting and Cracking,’ which was performed at the Belvoir St. Theatre in Sydney.
- He was named the ‘Varshada Kannadiga’ (2015) in the sphere of entertainment by News 18 Kannada.
- In 2017, He participated as a motivational speaker at TEDx conferences and events.
If you have more details about Prakash Belawadi. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.