Harika Dronavalli (Chess Player) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Harika Dronavalli is an Indian chess player and has the title of Grand Master of FIDE. In 2012, 2015, and 2017, she took home three bronze medals at the Women’s World Chess Championship. She received the Arjuna Award from the Government of India in 2007-08.
Birth & Family
Harika Dronavalli was born on 12 January 1991 in Gorantla, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. Her father’s name is Ramesh Dronavalli, and her mother’s name is Swarna Dronavalli. She did her schooling at Sri Venkateswara Bala Kuteer.
|Real Name||Harika Dronavalli Chandra|
|Date of Birth||12 January 1991|
|Birth Place||Gorantla, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Home Town||Gorantla, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Family||Mother : Swarna Dronavalli|
Father : Ramesh Dronavalli
Sister : Anusha
Brother : Not Available
Husband : Karteek Chandra
Harika became involved in chess early on. She earned a medal at the National U9 Championship. She went on to win a silver medal at the World Chess Championship for girls under the age of ten. It was at this point that she approached her NVS trainer Ramaraju, who refined her play. Following Humpu Koneru, she became the second female Indian to become a grandmaster.
Harika has won various accolades like National Women Chess Championship, Commonwealth Women Chess Championship, Woman Grandmaster Title – Youngest Woman Grandmaster in Asian Continent, World Youth Championship U-18 Girls, Georgia, 2011 Women Grandmaster Chess Tournament, Hangzhou.
She has won Bronze Medal at FIDE Online Chess Olympiad 2021 and Silver Medal at 2021 FIDE Women’s World Team Championship.
Education Details and More
|School||Sri Venkateswara Bala Kuteer|
|National Awards||Padma Shri (2019)|
Arjuna Award (2007)
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 9″ Feet|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Painting, Photography and Watching films|
Harika Dronavalli tied the knot with Karteek Chandra in 2018.
Marital Status and More
|Marriage Date||19 August 2018|
|Net Worth||INR 5-20 Crore|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Harika Dronavalli
- Harika Dronavalli was born and brought up in Gorantla.
- Her father worked as a deputy executive engineer at a Panchayat Raj subdivision in Mangalagiri.
- Her sister Anusha married to Telugu film director K. S. Ravindra.
- She started her career in chess at the age of eight years.
- When Harika participated in the National Women Chess Championship for the first time in 2008, she claimed the 15th spot.
- Disappointed, she vowed to win it the next year and she won the prestigious gold medal at the 2009 National Women Chess Championship.
- He was awarded the prestigious Padma Shri by President Ram Nath Kovind on March 11, 2019.
If you have more details about Harika Dronavalli. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.